Friday, July 25, 2008

Smiles


Our little chunky monkey has gained 1.03 pounds since coming home now we are up to 8 pounds 4 ounces only 2 ounces away from our birth weight, so we are on the right track.

Sorry for everyone who has called and emailed and I haven't had a chance to get back to.

Those who have children know why, someone keeps me pretty busy and on my toes.
Colt loves to be held and he is trying to get caught up from the 3 weeks we could not hold him.

Everything is going really great, we are still being very cautious and limiting to where we take him, since his immune system is still weak and he doesn't get his immunization shots for another 2 1/2 weeks.

I am so overwhelmed at how so many people knowing us or not has reached out to us to lend their love, prayers, and support. If I mentioned names the list would be a mile long, but each of you know who you are. Sending hugs your way.

Many thanks to our friends, neighbors, and especially my family Mom, Dad, Shane, Stacy, & Lindsey.

Not to mention the awesome staff at UK Hospital: the talented surgeon Dr. Plunkett, his sweet & caring nurse Corinne, and all the nurses who took care of our little boy.

There is something else I would like to ask for all of those who are reading, please put Devon Watson in your prayers. While we were at the hospital we were so lucky to meet his parents Mark and April, Devon was born with 2 major congenital heart defect twice as complex as Colt's case and they did not catch these defects in utero. He is just a little older than Colt and also when through open heart surgery, unlike Colt's condition where Colt will only have to undergo 2 more surgeries, Devon will require surgery for the rest of his life. Colt and Devon both got their chest's closed up and then taken off the ventilator on the same day. Devon had to be put back on a few days later. Mark and April need to be lifted up the same as we did.

You know when I am holding Colt and he looks past me at something else and just has this most amazing smile, I could swear he sees angels, I have asked him a few times

Do you see Papaw Swayne (my mom's dad) and he just keeps smiling, I know that Papaw is still one of those angels watching over us and helping us move right along to get to the next surgery.

Love from the Hardy's
Bradley, Miss, & Colt