Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Scar Brothers

Colt and I got to facetime my brother Shane Sunday evening and we told him we loved him and Colt said Uncle Shane we are going to be scar brothers, Shane laughed.  That is so Colt, what a weirdo, but he is mine.

I could see the tiredness in his Shane’s eyes and his appearance looked worn. By Sunday night mom and dad has said Shane didn’t look as good, he was swelling, having a hard time breathing, and could not get comfortable, so thank the lord surgery was scheduled for the next morning.

We received updates good and not so good yesterday and even though yesterday was my first day back to work I had the hardest time concentrating but is gave me focus and tasks to complete to make the time go by until the next update.

As I heard the pain and fear in my mom’s voice as she had just come from seeing my brother on a ventilator following his surgery, I told her I knew exactly what she felt because I have seen my child like that 3 times now, for me this last time was a little easier because they already had him off the vent. But the pain cuts deep and you just feel completely helpless, as a mom control is a big focal point – we like to keep everything within our control and when instances and situations occur that are out of it, we lose it, but luckily through the Grace of God he lifts us up and he carries us, our feet never touch the ground.
In addition to replacing the aortic valve, they also had to replace the Mitral valve and the bacteria damaged his heart more by eating a hole through a part of it, so the doctor also stitched it best he could and hoping it will hold, we are still waiting to get word if he will need a pace maker. 

Today was a new day though, the road to recovery is still going to be a long and curvy one for Shane, but the road is there, they got him off the vent last night,  the 3 chest tubes were removed today and he was up walking around a little bit. To that I say PRAISE THE LORD!!!

Giving a big fist bump to Scar Brothers BIG & SMALL!!! 

In God’s Love and Amazing Grace, 
Miss