Wednesday, February 27, 2008

First Fire – Going to the Altar

I have been going to First United Methodist’s First Fire @ Movies 9; they have a worship service from 9 am – 10 am on Sunday mornings.
The Pastor is James Williams, who is excellent, every week that I have attended service and listened to him preach no matter what the message is, it always applies to my life. A new worship experience is the motto and it is so true. It is a comfortable atmosphere - you can wear jeans – you don’t have to be in a church to worship the lord and First Fire proves that point. Anyone who is not dedicated to a church or feels like there is something more you need.
I invite you to come just once they have a wonderful band and perform a skit as well as a sermon, you can feel the energy of God in this place and it is still with you once you leave and head home.

I started attending First Fire in November before I knew anything was wrong with Colt, my sister Stacy invited me to go, she said you have to come just once that’s all I ask. Bless her for asking me! The first time I went it was a spiritual uplifting and awakening experience and it has been that way ever since. It only took that one time and I felt it, the faith, the love, the presence of God.

After I found out about Colt’s condition, I knew I had the love and support of our family and friends, but I needed something else.

One Sunday @ First Fire when James asked for those who are lost or need prayer to come to the front row that was used as an altar, I humbly walked up to the front, for the first time in my life I was not ashamed to go to the altar to ask the Lord for help. I was going up for Bradley, me, and for our baby boy Colt.

My dad walked with me to the front, so thankful that he did because I was scared. A wonderful member of the church named Bill prayed for us as well as James the preacher. I saw Bill the other day at service and he said that Colt and I have been heavy on his heart and that he prays for us daily. You know God exists when people you have met only once or have known a lifetime put you in their prayers.

We are so blessed!

Bradley and my cousin on his side (Carolyn) sent me a message with theses verses and said they are Tough words but they have carried me thru everything tough and also everything wonderful in my life!!

Thanks Carolyn!!! I adore you and am so thankful to call you family and a true friend.

I Thessalonians 5: 16, 17, 18.

It is tough to do what God asks of us sometimes. But you already do what He tells us in the verses. Be joyful always....Pray Continuously.........Give THANKS in ALL circumstances, for this is God's will for you.....
=========================================== =======

Special Thank you to all our friends and family who have read our blog and posted comments.
It is because of you we are going to make it through this!
Your prayers are so appreciated.