Tuesday, June 10, 2008

38 ½ Weeks

We went to the doctor High Risk OB/GYN yesterday and to Dr. Cottrill our pediatric cardiologist today

OB update
1 cm dilated and 50 % effaced and Colt is measuring at 7 pounds and 12 ounces. Dr. Hansen wanted to induce me Wednesday or Thursday of this week and I starting freaking out, I said I am not ready yet. How crazy is that I really wanted to go in labor on my own but it may not happen so, we compromised and agreed that if I do not go into labor on my own by next Monday 6/16, then I will go into the hospital Tuesday morning 6/17 to be induced which is my dad’s birthday – he is so thrilled and does not mind sharing his birthday with his grandson a bit. So unless Colt decides to come on his own, we are going to meet our son next Tuesday.

Cardiologist update
We got good news today, if all goes well after he is born we will get to feed him breast milk through a bottle after they take him to the NICU and he is given the prostaglandin drug and he is stable. Our pediatric cardiologist said the baby girl that was born 2 weeks ago with the same heart defect is doing much better feeding and after surgery since feeding through a bottle and not an IV or feeding tube after she was born, she said some reason babies will forget how to feed and swallow if they are not taught right after birth. When Dr. Cottrill had told us about this little girl at our last visit I had prayed that she would be strong and come through surgery successfully and she did. The little girl is doing remarkably well post-op, that has really raised my hope and lifted my faith.
God is an amazing god.

"He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds."Psalm 147:3

I will update if there is anymore news before Tuesday :o)