Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Surgery info & Prayer Request




I am finally getting to update the blog. So much thanks to Lindsey for keeping everyone updated and replying to emails. She did an excellent job.

Mommy thought she was going to die during labor pretty funny. If it was not for Bradley coaching me through it I would not have made it. We had some wonderful nurses and doctors. One nurse in particular I would like to say a special thanks to is Allie Gallio.

Allie was my nurse all day during labor and was supposed to work 7 am – 7 pm, but she stayed until Colt was brought into this world and helped Bradley coach me through it. Not sure what I what I would have done with her help. She was wonderful. She is moving to Florida in a few days. UK is losing one of the best nurses I have ever met. Thanks again to, Allie!

Colt is definitely worth all of it, after it was all over and I saw his face I forgot all about the pain. I thought I prepared myself, but there aren't words to describe the emotions Bradley and I have been going through. The whole birthing and becoming a parent experience has brought up closer than I ever thought a husband and wife could be.

Bradley and I are staying in a room in the St. Agnes house which is only 3 blocks from the hospital, we went home Thursday night after I was discharged from the hospital. Bradley and I cried all night, it killed us to leave him. It just did not feel like home without our boy..

It is so hard for Bradley and I to put into words how this sweet little boy has changed our lives other than he is the absolute best thing we have ever done. Every time we have gotten to see him it has been an absolute blessing. They have let us change and feed him several times. Bradley is much better at both than I am. He is so wonderful with Colt, you see the love in Bradley eyes every time he looks at Colt and my heart just melts.

Surgery is scheduled for (Wednesday) 6/25/08 tomorrow morning @ 7:15 am. We ask that everyone please pray for Colt and lift him up. Pray for the all the doctors and nurses operating on Colt. I am faithful in my beliefs that God is carrying our little boy in his arms and he will not let him go, he is giving us strength to be strong for Colt.

Thanks for all thoughts and prayers and ask that everyone please continue.

~ Love
Miss