Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Doesn't everyday begin at 3:30 am?

And then it was 3:30 am.


While I was trying to grab any ounce of peace I could find, and attempting to accomplish at least an hour of sleep before it was time to begin our surgery morning routine, Colt woke up.

He began with complaints of his legs cramping(Dang you growing pains!!!), what is a Momma to do, I tried snuggling, rubbing and massaging his legs, nothing was really helping. Then, it was time for Daddy to step in. I attempted to get Colt to lay in the bed with Bradley, and then I could sneak off to the couch and attempt that "at least one hour of sleep"(yeah, right! haha). Colt was persistant and wide awake!! I suggested that we get our bathing suits on and have a hot bath, heat seems to really help when Colt has growing pains. 

At 3:30 in the morning, while in you're in your swimsuit with your little boy in the bathtub, it creates some raw conversations. For instance, the conversation between me and Colt this morning.......

Colt: I don't want to have my surgery....
Colt: Let's just stay at the hotel and swim and play video games.

Goodness, does this boy love his video games and swimming!!!!

My heart grew heavier and heavier as time got closer to 5:00 am.

Pray. Pray. Pray. Pray. Pray.

Trust. Trust. Trust. Trust. Trust.

Peace. I need peace, I need to find my peace from God!!! I know it's there, I just need to find it!!

But, finding my peace this morning is like finding Waldo in one of those books. Very difficult.

But, I know it's here, I know God is here, I know without a doubt that God is here and will never leave. 

After the warm bath and hot compresses on Colt's leg, it was time for another anti-microbial bath to prepare for surgery. Then, I was able to get him situated with watching Netflix. By this time,I have forgotten about finding that one hour of sleep. 

It's time to begin the day. 

Colt with "Chilly Willy" and "Wango"(Wango has been through diagnosis, birth, 1st surgery, 2nd surgery and now 3rd surgery.)


The day of surgery. 

It is here.

5:45 am

We arrived at the hospital, and we got pulled to our Pre-Op room to get prepped. Bradley's parents, my parents, and little sister got here around that time as well. By this time, Colt was content. He has an iPad, a pretty nurse and was getting lots of attention. Colt was doing just fine!

Grandparents got to get some lovins' in, Linds got to get some lovins' in. While my parents and little sister were back with Colt and us before surgery, I asked for my dad to pray over Colt. Dad, got about 2 words in and then the tears began. So, Linds picked up and began praying. During the prayer, Colt began to cry and say he didn't want to have his surgery. I think him seeing Papaw Phil cry and then all of us cry over him, kinda scared him. We quickly finished up the prayer and then Colt's tears stopped and his next comment.....

"Hey, Linds, you know what we can do...they have Wifi here, connect to my Minecraft world."

Of course, tears dry up, let's play Minecraft. Colt, is certainly one of a kind.

Then, it was time to start the medicine. They gave Colt some Verset, which is supposed to calm and relax. But in this case, it did not. Not one little bit. It made Colt irritable, which was quite comical.

By this time, the grandparents and Linds were back in the waiting room. Bradley and I were beside Colt and noticing how he was getting agitated. I couldn't help but laugh at Colt with how the medicine was making me laugh and I told him that he was acting just like his daddy! Col't reply....

"If you don't quick laughing at me, I'm going to smack you!"

Well how do you stop laughing after that?! And Colt was right, I laughed and he smacked me! Right across my face and it hurt!! Boy, is he lucky he's cute!! 

Bradley responded with "Boy, I'd hate to have to whip your butt in the pre-op room!"

Colt, settled down to watching "Woody the Woodpecker Show" (It's his peaceful show that he watched to calm down.) And it was time.

Can your heart get any heavier?!

We returned to the waiting room, to well, wait. Wait, for updates, wait for peace, wait for the surgery to be over and to love on Colt.

But, while we wait, we wait with family, we wait while covered in prayers, we wait knowing that God is here with us and keeping us. 


And for that, All glory and praise be to God.