Sunday, August 23, 2015

Getting better

Chest X-ray looks good today still to much drainage to remove the last drainage tube, they will re-evaluate tomorrow, he ate pretty good for breakfast and for dinner and he fed himself dinner, not so much for lunch,  with some help Colt was able to go to the bathroom today and that really helped his belly pain. He walked about 150 feet today,  after we covered the lines and chest tubes he was able to take a shower and I was able wash his hair and body and he got on new PJs boy oh boy it felt nice to do something normal.








Had some issues with the dietary menu it was supposed to be on a low fat diet from day 1, but someone failed to put the dietary restriction in the system and they finally caught the error today. He has been much more alert and a little more like himself , he has had the cries a few times today, but the videos and pictures have really lifted his spirits, Bradley and I told him that sometimes you get the "Can't help its" and it is okay, it will get better. It is going to take time to get back to the activity level he was but we are improving and taking it one day at a time.  He will out of the blue say I love you mommy and say mommy can you give me some hugs and kisses.  I say I love you too and of course I will give lots of hugs and kisses. Those words are so treasured and precious to me.  This morning he wanted Daddy to lay in his bed with him and rub on his back.  He has us both wrapped around his little finger.






In God's Love and Amazing Grace,
Miss