Monday, August 17, 2015

Try this again



So as many of you know last Monday we set off for Louisville only to get only 20 miles from the exit and receive the phone call that Colt's surgery had to be rescheduled due to an in patient needing surgery. So for the next hour as we drove back home we sent texts, made phone calls to our parents to reschedule their hotel and let friends and family know so they did not show up to Louisville and find us no where to be found, and luckily was able to get our hotel stay rescheduled for this week without being charged. 

It was at this point I realized that I was at the acceptance phase that Colt really was going to have another open heart surgery, I had been in denial up to this point.  We debated about going ahead and letting Colt start school, but after a long discussion we decided we did not want risk Colt getting sick and getting postponed once more, se we have had him under quarantine lately, he doesn't mind he is going through the homebody phase. 

And now it starts again my heart is heavy again once more and the situation is out of my hands we will attempt to leave again tonight for Louisville. Bradley has been my rock, I know it is taking his toll on him to, but he never shows any signs of weakness.  How amazing is my husband, guess he doesn't have a choice since there is only room for one crazy person in our family of three at one time..lol


 I know God has this and he will continue to carry Colt through this.